I absolutely love curry! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Seriously I may have an addiction……But we’ll talk about that later! When I saw this easy chickpea recipe from Recipe Tin , I just had to try it! I’m so glad I did it was so delicious and bonus, my kids liked it too.
Here is my modified recipe, which turned out delicious!!! You can find the original recipe here: http://www.recipetineats.com/easy-chickpea-potato-curry-chana-aloo-curry/
• 3 tbsp Olive oil
• 1 large onion , diced (brown, white, yellow)
• 2 large garlic cloves , minced
• 2 tbsp curry powder (any curry will do)
• 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (can substitute with sweet or ordinary paprika)
• 2 tsp dried thyme leaves (or 3 tsp fresh thyme leaves)
• 1 tsp cumin powder
• 3/4 tsp cayenne pepper (not so much if you have kids)
• 1 tsp Black pepper
• 1 1/2 cups potatoes , cut into 1.2cm / 1/2″ cubes
• 28 oz / 800g canned chickpeas (2 x 14oz/400g) , drained
• 14 oz / 400g canned diced tomatoes (Note 3)
• 2 cups vegetable broth
• 2 tbsp fresh parsley , finely chopped (plus more for garnish) (Note 4)
• Salt to taste
1 Heat oil in a large pot or very deep skillet over medium high heat.
2 Add the Flavour Base ingredients and cook for 3 minutes until the onion is translucent.
3 Add the potatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes. If the spices start to stick to the bottom of the pot, add a tiny splash of water.
4 Add the chickpeas, tomatoes and vegetable or chicken broth. Bring to simmer then turn down the heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked and the sauce has thickened.
5 Adjust salt to taste,
I steamed some spinach and served the curry over rice 🍚
Give this recipe a try and tell me how you like it!