I’ve been on a real big smoothie kick the last couple of weeks! But this particular smoothie, I was real nervous about trying….because well, beets! Yes BEETS! I’m not a fan of beets but I want to be. They have so many amazing benefits!
- Great Detoxifier (cleanses blood & colon)
- Wonderful source of iron
- Immunity booster
- Helps maintain a healthy sex drive
- Rich in Antioxidants, Folic Acid, Vitamin A & C
- Strengthens gall bladder and liver
Like wow, right?!!!! So I went ahead and gave them a go….and I liked it. Not in love but definitely worth making at least once a week.
Here’s the magic:
- 1/2 cup of beets chopped up
- Hand full of strawberries
- Hand full of blueberries
- 1 banana
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups of Almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- a little (or a lot) agave…because, well BEETS
Blend together and enjoy!
Let me know if you gave this recipe a try.
Do you have any beet recipes we should try?