So. Freaking. Yummy. This is an easy weekday meal. You can throw this in the slow cooker before you leave for work and come home to a wonderful dinner waiting on you!
Slow Cooker – Mexican Quinoa
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1(15oz) can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1(15oz) can of fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of sweet corn, frozen
- Cilantro, avocado, & shredded cheese optional – but I recommend 😉
- Place quinoa, beans, tomatoes, & zucchini into slow cooker
- Add taco seasoning & water. Mix gently
- Cover & cook on low for 6-8 hours
- With 30 min remaining, add corn
- Enjoy the heck out of this yummy dish!
Let me know if you give this a try.