Cold days and soup go hand and hand! Especially yummy, delicious and easy to make soup. I used this recipe from a Clean Eating magazine I bought over 5 years ago and it’s still one of my favorites! The flavors blend together so well. Every time I make it I’m surprised at how much I like (I know…weird)
Anyways, I want to share this amazing soup recipe with you!
African Peanut & Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 tsp olive or coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tbsp grates ginger
- 4 cups veggie broth
- 1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 ground cinnamon
- 2-3 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup of croutons (optional- believe me you want to add theses!!)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- In a Dutch oven heat oil on medium-high. Add garlic, onion and ginger and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, 1 cup of water, potatoes, peanut butter, cumin, coriander, salt, cayenne, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium heat , cover and simmer, stirring occasionally until potatoes are tender, about 12 minutes
- Stir in kale and simmer until wilted, about 2 minutes. Ladle soup into bowls: if desired, garnish with croutons or cilantro
This whole process takes about 30-40 minutes! It is totally worth it. I like to pair this soup with naan bread ( heck I like to pair everything with naan bread).
Leave a comment if you decided to give this recipe a try. Or let me know if you make something similar. I think I may throw in jalapeño next time!